If you are writing resolutions and setting goals for the New Year, getting your legal affairs in order would be an important task to address. It is the best way to protect you and your family in the event of an emergency or unforeseen life event. Do you have a Will? Is it up to date? Have you considered preparing a health care directive? Do you have important financial and legal documents together in one location that you can easily access and have you told someone you trust about the location of your important papers? A little preparation now can make a big difference when you need it the most. Here are 5 steps to help you get a jump start on being legally prepared in 2019.
- Conduct a LegalLife™ Checkup – The LegalLife™ Checkup is a questionnaire designed to assist you in identifying and addressing matters that may affect your legal rights and obligations. Download the checkup forms
- Create a Life Documents File – A Life Documents File is a collection of important documents, including legal documents, such as your will, birth certificate, marriage license, etc. Learn how to put your life documents file together today.
- Review the Organize Your LegalLife™ Guide – This Guide contains information on selected areas of law that should be addressed when organizing legal affairs including family law, employment, real estate, elder, retirement, estate planning, and end of life issues to name a few.
- Prepare Will, Living Will, and Power of Attorney documents – Will, Living Will, and Power of Attorney documents are essential legal forms to have on file in the event of an emergency. Whether you hire an attorney to prepare these documents for you or order a Personal Planning Package from USLegalForms.com, do not delay in getting these key legal documents completed.
- Prepare a Letter of Instruction – A letter of instruction is not a formal legal document, but simply a list of instructions for people to follow when you are sick or have died. It includes, but is not limited to the following – location of important documents, contact list of close family members or loved ones, burial preferences, favorite charities, hospital preferences, current list of financial assets and debts, list of insurance policies, list of investments, location of property deeds, and personal resources contact information such as family doctor, family attorney, family stockbroker, and the religious leader and house of worship.
For more topics and free resources, visit the LegalLife™ Resource Center.
USLegal Subscriptions provide a complete collection of essential documents that may be customized for your most common personal and business needs. These documents have been created by lawyers and have been trusted by more than one million consumers around the country. With thousands of documents available you have the essential tools you need for one monthly subscription fee. Personal Legal Form subscriptions with access to more than 2,000 legal documents cost $19.95 a month. Business subscriptions which provide access to more than 5,000 legal documents cost $29.95 a month. Order Now
Residential Lease Forms Package
If purchased individually, these forms would total $129.80. For just $59.95, get tremendous savings on forms you will need and use. Including state specific Lease, Lease Application, Reference Check Consent, Pre and Post Inventory Checklist, Lead Paint Disclosure, Welcome Letter, Rent Warning Letter, Rent Termination Notice, Closing Statement and more. Our most popular item. Click below to select the package for your state. Order Now
Home Sales Package
This Real Estate Home Sales Package with Offer to Purchase, Contract of Sale, Disclosure Statements and more for Residential House popular package contains the following forms for your state: (1) Offer to Purchase, (2) Real Estate Sales Contract, (3) Residential Disclosure Statement, (4) Lead-Based Paint Disclosure, and (5) EPA Lead-Based Paint info Pamphlet. Definitions, form explanations, and general information about the real estate transaction are also included. Buying or selling a home is the most important transaction most people will ever encounter. This package makes the process much easier to understand. Instant download is $59.95. Order Now
CheckPrint – CheckPrint enables you to generate a complete check in seconds! 1) Enter basic check info or upload from QuickBooks 2) Choose from one of your saved bank accounts 3) Immediately generate a full check, ready for signature! Learn More
TenantMagic – TenantMagic provides online rental applications with comprehensive tenant screening reports (credit, criminal and eviction, including a credit score) to landlords and property managers. There is no charge to landlords or managers as the applicants pay the$35 fee. Simply enter the email address of the applicant and TenantMagic does the rest, including providing personal customer service throughout the application process. The application and reports are available 5 minutes after completion. For more information or to register go to www.tenantmagic.net.
NationalEvictions.com – Select the State your properties are located in, Find everything for an Eviction in that State.
Helping Landlords and Tenants with Eviction Information & Services; Learn the Eviction Process, Buy all the Forms, View Landlord Tenant Laws, Learn your rights and Find Legal Professionals on our National Directories, ready to help with filing and defending an eviction in your state. Learn More
FormsPass.com – Formspass® originally began as a Legal Forms Subscription service supporting attorneys throughout the United States in 2004. Since then, thousands of attorneys have subscribed and used our Professional Legal Forms Library service to support their practice needs. Learn More
LegalLife Resource Center –As a public service, the LegalLife™ Resource Center contains free information and resources to assist you in understanding and organizing legal aspects of your life. Whether you are single, married, have children, are widowed or divorced, legal planning is important. Use our checklists and online tools to get your legal affairs organized today. Learn More
USLegalForms.com has been named the best online legal forms service for 11 years in a row. Top Ten Reviews gives USLegal its Gold Award after head to head comparison of 10 legal websites.
Document Preparation Services – answer a few questions and USLegal legal professionals can assist with preparation of your Last Will, Living Will, Name Change, or Power of Attorney forms. Complete questionnaire
USLegal.com would like to hear from you. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about our products or topics you’d like for us to feature in upcoming newsletters, please email them to Carrie Criado at Carrie.Criado@uslegal.com.
In making a will, the maker of the will must have testamentary capacity, meaning that he/she must understand the nature of making a will, have a general idea of what he/she possesses, and know who are members of the immediate family or other “natural objects of his/her bounty”.
Testamentary capacity requires ability on the part of the testator to understand and carry in mind, in general way, the nature and situation of his property and his relations to those persons who would naturally have some claim to his remembrance. It requires freedom from delusion which is the effect of disease or weakness and which might influence the disposition of his property. Also, it requires ability at the time of execution of the alleged will to comprehend the nature of the act of making a will.
For more legal definitions, please visit our free online legal dictionary at http://www.uslegalforms.com/legaldefinitions/.